For best results always clean item(s) first with Nikwax® Tech Wash®. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions.
Application (use gloves):
- Ensure ropes are as clean as possible before treatment.
- Mix 1 bottle Rope Proof with 10 bottles of hand-hot water in a bucket (use 1 litre of Rope Proof per 50 m length of rope).
- Fully submerge rope, add additional warm water to cover rope if necessary.
- Allow to soak for 2 hours, agitating every 15 minutes.
- To prevent tangling, place the rope in an old pillow case or similar porous sack and place in washing machine.
- Set machine to synthetic cycle at 30°.
- Allow machine to run full cycle including rinses.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax® Tech Wash®. Do not use detergents.
- Adds water repellency
- Prolongs life and performance of all synthetic ropes
- Maintains strength
- Reduces weight gain in wet weather
- Easy to apply
- 4 year shelf life